Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cross-over bodice changes and adding a skirt

Last weekend I moved some of the armhole dart to the under bust gathers. I also shortened the bodice a bit. I have the hopefully wearable muslin bodice ready to gather. The neckline is finised as are the shoulder and side seams. The next step is to gather the bodice and sew it to some twill tape to stabilize the seam before I add the skirt.

Last night I cut out the skirt. I measured the length of the bodice front to determine where to start the skirt on my princess line block. I decided I wanted a dress and not a top so I lengthed the skirt to be 36 inches below the pattern waistline. This may be too long but I would rather cut off extra than end up with the dress too short.

No pictures yet but I took some of the side back pattern pinned on the fabric and the new cutting lines for the skirt drawn on the fabric.

No comments: