Monday, October 01, 2007

Fall leaves and snow

Saturday it rained and snowed in northern Utah. I spent several hours in Heber. When I left just after 4, the rain was turning to snow. I had planned to go the long way home and enjoy the Alpine Loop again. I debated for a few minutes and decided I would turn around if the road was bad. I got out of the car a couple of times to take pictures but it was cold enough most of the pictures were taken from inside the car. Most of the trees had some snow, from a distance the it looked almost like a icing glace on the fall leaves. There was some mist that added to the beauty.

About halfway up the east side of the loop, I turned a corner to see a moose in the middle of the road. I slowed down and the moose left the road. By the time I got the camera out and on, the moose was out of sight. It would have been nice to get a picture.

Sunday after church I again enjoyed the Alpine Loop. Except for a little snow in some shady places and on the tops of the mountains, there was no sign of Saturday's snow. These 2 pictures were taken of the same group of trees, one on Saturday, the other on Sunday.

No comments: