Friday, August 18, 2006

New Clothes


Last weekend I bought a pretty cotton print for a skirt. When I got home and started looking for material to make a blouse to go with it, I found a turquoise linen/rayon blend top and skirt I cut out several years ago.

I then had an idea (dangerous I know) and took a picture of the print and digitized a leaf from the print. I used the embroidery machine with some thread that is almost the same color as the turquoise material. The turquoise top has several leaves across the shoulder/neck area. The turquoise skirt has several leaves up one side.


The leaves show better on the top than the skirt in the photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I love the solid turquoise top with print skirt. It would be nice to see a close up of the embroidery. Nice job.

Sara Olivia Moon said...

Very nice Joanne. Your outfit looks like it will be very comfortable and pretty. Ditto on the close up. I can't see much of the embroidery. You could put that part of your top on your scanner and get a good image of it. What digitizing program do you use? I have been studying ethnic clothing from way back in time to today from all over the globe all day. If that doesn't get my creative juices flowing nothing will.